Monday, October 15, 2007

Show Me Sportsmanship

The following letter was written to the Kansas City Star following the Missouri-Nebraska game:

As a big 12 supporter, I have attended sporting events at seven different Big 12 schools. Never before have I seen such a lack of sportsmanship than what I saw at the Missouri-Nebraska game. I attended the game with no alliance to either team. I would like to remind the fans of Missouri that there is never an excuse to throw rocks or trash at fellow fans. I know this is a very exciting time for the football community at Missouri, but let's remember that one of the most important ingredients for winning football teams is sportsmanship. I hope that no MU fan has to experience in Norman what my party had to experience in Columbia. Come on, Mizzou, you are a big 12 school -- you are better than that.

Julia Tata - Dubois, Wyo.


Well Julia, I don't think you realized what state you were in. This is Missouri. We certainly weren't impressed with Nebraska and we let them know. We'll show you respect when you show us a reason to be respected- otherwise you'll get garbage thrown at you. If you don't like it, go back to Wyoming and eat your tofu and knit your quilts or whatever you do up there in God's country - there's no place for that here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Does Wyoming even exist? Not impressed, next.

Captain Moose said...

Just in Case you forgot... http://www.soonersports.com/ot/2007_gameday_central_07.html

Captain Moose said...

Are you still a little upset? I understand. It would have been nice to taste a an orange huh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Orange_Bowl